This recipe uses simple ingredients to make a delicious soup with a light broth and an excellent flavor. The tender shoots of asparagus, slices of carrots, and hunks of potatoes are performed by the fresh garlic, savory vegetable broth, and just a touch of nutmeg.
Asparagus Soup With Wild Garlic [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1.1 pounds white asparagus, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1.6 pounds potatoes diced, peeled
- 6 1/3 cups vegetable broth
- 7 ounces wild garlic
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 teaspoon of birch sugar
- Nutmeg, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat some oil in a saucepan, add the asparagus and fry it with some salt for 2 - 3 minutes and fry with some salt and birch sugar.
- Now pour the broth over the asparagus and bring it to a boil before reducing it to a simmer.
- Once the asparagus is cooked to your liking, pull it out of the soup and set it aside.
- Add the potato and carrot cubes and simmer them in the broth. Just before the vegetables are cooked, finely chop the wild garlic and add it to the soup.
- Season the soup with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.