Carrot Cake is a classic celebratory dessert. It’s the go-to birthday cake for those who aren’t chocolate or ‘birthday cake’ fans. It’s also just great to make when you have lots of carrots. People don’t often think of a vegetable-based cake, unless it’s carrot. Carrot pairs excellently with walnuts, pecans, and lemon or cream cheese frostings.
For National Carrot Cake Day, we’re bringing you 10 of our favorite vegan Carrot Cake recipes from our Food Monster App!
1. Raw Carrot Cake With Cashew Lemon Frosting
Source: Raw Carrot Cake With Cashew Lemon Frosting
Emily von Euw‘s Raw Carrot Cake seems to be one of those recipes that everybody can enjoy, no matter what their dietary preferences are. The cashew lemon frosting adds the perfect amount of tang goodness to the sweetness of the carrot cake base. It is super easy to make; you will just need a food processor and a pan!
2. Double Decker Carrot Cake
Source: Double Decker Carrot Cake
No-bake carrot cake with a silky cashew cream cheese frosting? Yes please! If you like carrot cake, you will love this Double Decker Carrot Cake that has zero consequences. You can eat this raw vegan carrot cake by Michaell Johnson for breakfast, lunch dinner, or dessert, guilt-free!
3. Carrot Cake Muffins
Source: Carrot Cake Muffins
With this vegan, no refined sugar, and gluten-free muffin version of a classic carrot cake, you won’t be able to get enough! It’s moist and light and filling at the same time, and with all the spices this Carrot Cake Muffins recipe by Patricia Idus is perfect for colder weather.
4. Pecan Carrot Cake
Source: Pecan Carrot Cake
You can never go wrong with the classics, like Gabrielle St. Claire‘s yummy Pecan Carrot Cake! This decadent cake packs carrots, raisins, pecans, and that classic cinnamon flavor with rich cream cheese frosting. Perfect for any occasion or just because.
5. Triple Decker Carrot Cake
Source: Triple Decker Carrot Cake
This looks like a traditional carrot cake with walnuts, cinnamon, and of course cream cheese frosting … but it’s more than that. This Triple Decker Carrot Cake by Gretchen Price is super-moist and loaded with carrots, plus the addition of tart Granny Smith apples for more moisture and flavor. The spices in combination with the perfect amount of toasted walnuts are going to send you and your guests to carrot cake paradise.
6. Iced Carrot Cake
Source: Iced Carrot Cake
This Carrot Cake is a harmonious combination of natural flavors and textures for a delectable spring dessert. Give this recipe by Kristina Humphreys a try and enjoy its sweet and delicious taste.
7. Raw Coconut Flour Carrot Cake
Source: Raw Coconut Flour Carrot Cake
Carrot cake is a staple on our dessert menu but when you throw a creamy coconut frosting into the mix, you get a truly special cake. Lisa Dobler‘s triple-decker Raw Coconut Flour Carrot Cake is moist, delicious, and looks impressive as well.
8. Carrot Cake
Source: Carrot Cake
This Carrot Cake is a wonderful recipe from the Raw and Radiant cookbook for holidays and children’s birthdays. The frosting can be colored using fruits and vegetables. It turns into a lovely pastel frosting with carrot juice. You can make it as a cake or as cupcakes (a favorite of children).
9. Walnut Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Source: Walnut Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
This gluten-free Walnut Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting by Rhea Parsons makes a wonderful dessert on holidays, or any day! Enjoy!
10. Nutritious Carrot Cake With Creamy Lemon Orange Frosting
Source: Nutritious Carrot Cake With Creamy Lemon Orange Frosting
This Carrot Cake by Tiana Haines is packed full of fresh nutritious goodness and bursting with delicious flavors such as sweet carrots, ginger, orange, lemon, cinnamon, and vanilla. Of course, carrot cake wouldn’t be complete without a creamy lemon and orange cashew frosting! Cashews are a great alternative to cream cheese. When soaked and blended, they become a smooth and creamy texture similar to cream cheese frosting.
We hope you enjoy these delicious vegan carrot cake recipes. For more recipes, download our Food Monster App where we have over 15,000 vegan and allergy-friendly recipes.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!