Carrot cake is a staple on our dessert menu but when you throw a cream coconut frosting into the mix, you get a truly special cake. This triple-decker treat is moist, delicious, and looks impressive as well.
Raw Coconut Flour Carrot Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Batter:
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds, peeled
- 10-12 dates, soaked and pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
For the Frosting:
- 2 13.5-ounce cans coconut milk, kept in the refrigerator overnight
- Sweetener of your choice, to taste
- Shred the carrots with a food processor.
- Dice the dates with the knife and shred them in the food processor.
- Add the other ingredients and process them into an even slightly piecewise "dough".
- Divide the batter into three 6-inch, circular cake pans lined with baking paper.
- Open the coconut milk and add the solid portion to a bowl. Mix it with the hand mixer at the highest level until a "cream" forms.
- Sweeten the frosting to taste and let it chill for 30 minutes.
- Finally, cover the whole cake with the frosting and let it cool for 2 hours.
- Coconut Flour
- Nut-Free Flour
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2842 | Total Carbs: 147 g | Total Fat: 209 g | Total Protein: 66 g | Total Sodium: 439 g | Total Sugar: 75 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
This looks so good but I am allergic to hemp is there anything I can substitute it with? Thanks in advance