Three words: vegan carrot cake. Is your mouth watering yet? This seems to be one of those recipes that everybody can enjoy, no matter what their diet preferences are. The cashew lemon frosting adds the perfect amount of tang goodness to the sweetness of the vegan carrot cake base. Top with nuts or seeds for a nice crunch! It is super easy to make; you will just need a food processor and a pan! Serve this cute little treat at a party to impress your guests. This vegan carrot cake is spectacular!
Raw Carrot Cake With Cashew Lemon Frosting [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Raw Carrot Cake With Cashew Lemon Frosting [Vegan]
For the Cashew Lemon Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Water, as needed
For the Carrot Cake
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 cups dates
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
How To Make Raw Carrot Cake With Cashew Lemon Frosting [Vegan]
- To make the frosting: blend all ingredients in your high speed blender until smooth, adding water as needed. Put in the refrigerator.
- To make the cake: process the oats into flour in your food processor then throw the rest of the ingredients in the food processor and process until it all begins to stick together.
- Assembly: press half the cake mixture into a small spring form pan (mine is about 4 inches). Gently take this out and put on a plate, then put in the freezer until it's solid. Do the same to the remaining half of the cake mixture. Spread about 1/3 of the frosting onto the top of one of the cake layers. Put it in the freezer until the layer of frosting is hard. Place on the other cake layer and frost the entire thing, I let it set in the refrigerator overnight.
- Coconut Nectar
- Oat Flour
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 3295 | Total Carbs: 547 g | Total Fat: 112 g | Total Protein: 76 g | Total Sodium: 177 g | Total Sugar: 309 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Looks yummy and I have gluten free oats in so this is getting made tomorrow