No-bake vegan carrot cake recipe with a silky cashew cream cheese frosting? Yes please! If you like carrot cake, you will love this recipe. Carrots, dates, pineapple, cinnamon, and coconut flakes form the base. Then, it is topped with a sweet creamy cashew frosting. This vegan carrot cake is delicious and healthy! Eat it for any meal of the day!
Double Decker Carrot Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Double Decker Carrot Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Cream Cheese-y Frosting:
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whole coconut milk (from the can)
- 1/4 cup fermented coconut water or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups carrot pulp or grated carrot shreds
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup frozen, fresh or canned pineapple (canned will be slightly sweeter but you sacrifice the raw)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
How to Prepare Double Decker Carrot Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Soak cashews for about four hours, then rinse.
- Combine all the carrot cake ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides for even blending every minute or so.
- Press into a pan (I used an 8-inch springform).
- Blend all of the cheesecake ingredients in a high-speed blender on high until completely smooth. This will take a couple minutes blending on high to make completely smooth.
- Pour frosting on top of carrot cake.
- Refrigerate for more of a frosting consistency or freeze for a more cheesecake consistency for at least 4-6 hours.
If you aren't sure how to get just the cream from a can of coconut milk, simply refrigerate it overnight and scrape off the solid cream that's risen to the top. Also, the liquid from the can is great to use in smoothies!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 3761 | Total Carbs: 307 g | Total Fat: 237 g | Total Protein: 69 g | Total Sodium: 2244 g | Total Sugar: 213 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.