No-bake carrot cake with a silky cashew cream cheese frosting? Yes please! If you like carrot cake, you will love this cake that has zero consequences. You can eat this vegan carrot cake for breakfast, lunch dinner, or dessert, guilt free!
Double Decker Carrot Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Cream Cheese-y Frosting:
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whole coconut milk (from the can)
- 1/4 cup fermented coconut water or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups carrot pulp or grated carrot shreds
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup frozen, fresh or canned pineapple (canned will be slightly sweeter but you sacrifice the raw)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Soak cashews for about four hours, then rinse.
- Combine all the carrot cake ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides for even blending every minute or so.
- Press into a pan (I used an 8-inch springform).
- Blend all of the cheesecake ingredients in a high-speed blender on high until completely smooth. This will take a couple minutes blending on high to make completely smooth.
- Pour frosting on top of carrot cake.
- Refrigerate for more of a frosting consistency or freeze for a more cheesecake consistency for at least 4-6 hours.
If you aren't sure how to get just the cream from a can of coconut milk, simply refrigerate it overnight and scrape off the solid cream that's risen to the top. Also, the liquid from the can is great to use in smoothies!