Protein is the word on everyone’s lips when it comes to vegan nutrition! It’s an important building block for the human body and everyone needs it. We are here to help you discover the power of plant-based protein through these simply amazing recipes!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our High-Protein Archives!
1. Cheezy Hamburger Shells
Source: Cheezy Hamburger Shells
This pasta dish was created in honor of the Hamburger Helper meals we all enjoyed as kids. This Cheezy Hamburger Shells by Lauren Boehme features vegan ground beef as the star of the show, it stays true to its muse with a “meaty” flavor and texture. This savory, garlicky, creamy pasta will surely satisfy the whole family. As a one-pot meal, this recipe couldn’t be easier and is the perfect dish for a busy weeknight dinner. Make extra, as it heats up well and can be enjoyed throughout the week.
2. Ayurvedic Jamaican Quinoa Salad
Source: Ayurvedic Jamaican Quinoa Salad
Get the FALL Cookbook!
3. Baked Tofu Jalapeño Popper Bites
Source: Baked Tofu Jalapeño Popper Bites
Baking instead of frying tofu is a simple, fuss-free way to prepare this dish, but you can shallow-fry these poppers on the stovetop if you prefer. While our homemade Jalapeño Pepper Jelly is our first choice, store-bought hot pepper jelly will work just fine. You can find hot pepper jelly in most grocery stores in the deli section or look for it at your local farmers’ market. Serve these Baked Tofu Jalapeño Popper Bites by Jillian Harris and Tori Wesszer hot out of the oven to keep them crunchy.
4. Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadillas
These Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadillas by Mitch and Justine Chapman are served hot off the skillet and loaded with flavor. Melty vegan cheese, creamy sweet potatoes, and hearty black beans all folded between handmade corn tortillas. This authentic Mexican snack is calling your name.
5. Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Cup Freezer Fudge
6. Tofu Scramble and Collard Greens
Source: Tofu Scramble and Collard Greens
7. Misir Wot (Ethiopian Lentil Stew)
8. Tahini Chickpea Veggie Wraps
Source: Tahini Chickpea Veggie Wraps
9. Soy Curl Fajitas
Source: Soy Curl Fajitas
10. Chickpea Pizza with Tofunaise
Source: Chickpea Pizza with Tofunaise
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.