This Chickpea Pizza with Tofunaise is so delicious! It's a wonderful high-protein and gluten-free way to enjoy pizza. Feel free to try out your own favorite toppings!
Chickpea Pizza with Tofunaise [Vegan, Gluten-free]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea Pizza with Tofunaise [Vegan, Gluten-free]
For the Chickpea Pizza Crust:
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 3 ounces water
- 1 tablespoons grounded flax seed
- 1 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
For the Toppings:
- 1 cup chopped veggies (here I used red cabbage, green capsicum)
- 1/2 portobello mushroom
- 1 sun dried tomato
- Tofunaise (see below)
- 1 tablespoons tahini
- Radish sprouts
For the Tofunaise:
- 1 packet silken tofu (around 400g)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 heaped tablespoons nut butter or tahini
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- salt to taste
How to Prepare Chickpea Pizza with Tofunaise [Vegan, Gluten-free]
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until a smooth and creamy mixture is forms
Set aside for later use. This recipe makes more than you need for the pizza, so do feel free to save the remaining amount for future use. This sauce is perfect for making the massaged kale salad
- Mix 1 tablespoon grounded flaxseed with 1 tablespoon lukewarm water and let it set for 5 minutes until it thickens
- Add the flax mixture to a large bowl, together with all other ingredients except water
- Keeping stirring the mixture while adding the water until no lumps can be seen
- The mixture should resemble a pancake batter and slightly pourable. If it’s too thick, add more water, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Heat a 9 inch pan with little bit of olive oil. Then add the batter to the pan
Use a spatula to spread the mixture evenly on the pan to form a pizza crust
- Heat for around 2 minutes, or until the surface of the crust has become slightly dry
- Carefully flip the crust and heat the other side for another 1 minute
- Remove the crust from the pan and place it on a baking tray
- Preheat oven to 390°F
- Spread a suitable amount of tofunaise on top of the crust evenly
- Place the chopped veggies, portobello mushrooms and sun dried tomato on top
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of tahini on top of everything
- Bake the pizza for 15 minutes until the portobello has soften
- Take the pizza out and drizzle the remaining tahini on it, together with the radish sprouts
- Now you made yourself a magnificent gluten-free pizza!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.