If you’re looking for a unique and flavorful way to spice up your meals, then you need to try these plant-based recipes featuring wasabi! Wasabi has a strong, pungent flavor that can add a kick to any dish. From hummus to cookies, these recipes will show you how to use wasabi to its fullest potential.
1. Asian Seitan Fajitas with Wasabi Avocado Cream
These Seitan Fajitas by Kim Sujovolsky have a delicious Asian twist, with a wasabi avocado cream to go with them. You heard that! Wasabi! Which interestingly enough, helps anything with avocado brown less quickly! Who knew!
2. Wasabi Garlic Twice-Baked Potatoes
Wasabi is famous for its pungent sinus-clearing effects. Besides being fun to eat, it also has potent antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties. With fiber powerhouse potatoes and immunity-boosting garlic, these comforting Wasabi Garlic Twice-Baked Potatoes by Mark Reinfeld are a flavorful way to get some important nutrients.
3. Edamame Wasabi Noodle Salad
Source: Edamame Wasabi Noodle Salad
This Edamame Wasabi Noodle Salad by Helyn Dunn is filling, easy to make, and super low-fat so you can feel great about eating it. The bean noodles are tossed with some fresh peppers and edamame and then finished off with a creamy tofu sauce that is to die for. This is perfect for a post-workout snack or a healthy lunch.
4. Homemade Nori Crackers With Wasabi Edamame Hummus
Apply the flavors of Japanese cuisine to your cooking in a whole new way with these Homemade Nori Crackers With Wasabi Edamame Hummus. In this recipe by Hannah Teson, pumpkin puree, roasted nori, and soy sauce come together to make the crackers, which are then served next to an aquafaba hummus made of edamame, wasabi, miso, and chickpeas. A delicious and unique snack or appetizer.
5. Wasabi Swirl Chocolate Cookies
Source: Wasabi Swirl Chocolate Cookies
Looking for a unique blend of flavors? You must try these Wasabi Swirl Chocolate Cookies by ! As bizarre as the combination sounds, these cookies are rich and chocolatey with a nice, spicy kick at the end! It’s not overly spicy, but we do recommend keeping a glass of water nearby. Just in case.
6. Chilled Udon Noodles With Wasabi Avocado Dressing
These light and fresh Chilled Udon Noodles With Wasabi Avocado Dressing combines cooling cucumber, beets, and carrots. It’s then topped with a creamy and spicy avocado and wasabi dressing. Bring this noodle salad recipe by Medha Swaminathan to work, or enjoy it at home with a side of miso soup.
7. Asian Portobello Sandwich With Wasabi Mayo
The Asian Portobello Sandwich With Wasabi Mayo is loaded with tons of vegetables and marinated portobello mushrooms. It’s garnished with the perfect condiments, like Sriracha, and served with cool cilantro and homemade wasabi mayonnaise. This sandwich by Gabrielle St. Claire is so filling, one could easily feed two – but we won’t blame you if you don’t want to share.
8. Edamame Wasabi Bean Dip
Source: Edamame Wasabi Bean Dip
This crazy-yummy Edamame Wasabi Bean Dip by Jennifer Harmon is Asian inspired and packed with protein. It has a little heat due to the wasabi powder but freshens up thanks to a little ginger. The white beans keep the dip nice and creamy and renders it a comfort food feel.
9. Shiitake Asparagus Stir Fry With Wasabi Avocado Cream
This Shiitake Asparagus Stir Fry With Wasabi Avocado Cream by Ida Hemmingsson-Holl combines so many of my favorite flavors. And it can be varied in endless ways, with different kinds of vegetables. Just use what you have at home and what’s in season. For me this time around, that was green asparagus and shiitake mushrooms.
10. Edamame Burger With Cilantro Wasabi Aioli
Fresh edamame and Asian vegetables are used to create a delicious green burger served with a zesty Cilantro-Wasabi Aioli. These unique and popular Edamame Burgers With Cilantro Wasabi Aioli by Kim Campbell are wholesome and easy to prepare, and they always get rave reviews.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.