This crazy-yummy Edamame Wasabi Bean Dip is Asian inspired and packed with protein. It has a little heat due to the wasabi powder but freshens up thanks to a little ginger. The white beans keep the dip nice and creamy and renders it a comfort food feel. I mainly ate it this time with crackers, but the options are endless for what you can use it for. I recommend as a spread on Asian themed wraps or add a little milk to thin it out and toss it with pasta. It is amazing!
Edamame Wasabi Bean Dip [Vegan]
- 1 can drained white beans (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen edamame, thawed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients except water, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of wasabi powder to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Mixture will be thick. Slowly add in the 1/4 cup water until you reach desired consistency.
- Taste, add salt to taste. Add the rest of the wasabi powder if you think it needs more. I prefer a lot of wasabi, but you may prefer less.
- Blend again until flavors are incorporated. You can either eat immediately, chill it, or even put it in an oven safe dish and heat for a few minutes to serve warm!