The sandwich is loaded with tons of vegetables and marinated portobello mushrooms. It's garnished with the perfect condiments, like Sriracha, and served with cool cilantro and homemade wasabi mayonnaise. This sandwich is so filling, one could easily feed two – but we won't blame you if you don't want to share.
Asian Portobello Sandwich With Wasabi Mayo [Vegan]
- 2-3 Portobellos
- Light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1/2 cup red and white cabbage
- A handful of carrot peels
- A handful peeled cucumber, cut into sticks
- Cilantro, as desired
- Chives, as desired
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- Clean and trim mushrooms, place in bag with soy sauce, tamari, Sriracha, chives, sesame seeds, and teriyaki sauce. Store in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Once marinated, bake for 25 minutes at 350°F and top off with excess sauce
- Wash and cut all of the vegetables.
- In a high-speed blender, blend mayonnaise with wasabi
- Toasted bread, dress sandwich with mushroom, toppings, and wasabi mayonnaise.