This noodle salad is filling, easy to make, and super low-fat so you can feel great about eating it. The bean noodles are tossed with some fresh peppers and edamame and then finished off with a creamy tofu sauce that is to die for. This is perfect for a post-workout snack or a healthy lunch.
Edamame Wasabi Noodle Salad [Vegan, Gluten Free]
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 large block soft tofu
- 1/2 cup water
- A handful fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 1 2-inch knob of fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons tamari or other low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 lime, juiced
For the Salad:
- 1 7-ounce package bean noodles (or you can just use rice noodles)
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup edamame beans
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- Rinse them in cool water and add them back to the pot.
- Add the red pepper and the edamame beans to the noodles.
- Blend the sauce ingredients until they are smooth.
- Gently toss the noodles, beans and red peppers with the sauce until it is evenly distributed.
- Serve the salad topped with some extra beans, red peppers, and a sprinkle of kelp granules.