Fresh edamame and Asian vegetables are used to create a delicious green burger served with a zesty Cilantro-Wasabi Aioli. These unique and popular burgers are wholesome and easy to prepare, and they always get rave reviews.
Edamame Burger With Cilantro Wasabi Aioli [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Edamame Burger With Cilantro Wasabi Aioli [Vegan]
- 4 cups frozen shelled edamame, cooked
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetable stir-fry blend, thawed
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 whole wheat burger buns
- 6 green-leaf lettuce leaves
- 1½ cups sprouts
- ¾ cup Cilantro-Wasabi Aioli Cilantro-Wasabi Aioli:
- ¼ cup raw cashews, soaked in water to cover for 2–3 hours, then drained
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup silken tofu
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pureed ginger
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
How to Prepare Edamame Burger With Cilantro Wasabi Aioli [Vegan]
- Soaking the cashews in water for a few hours will reduce blending time. If you are not using a Vitamix, I highly recommend soaking the cashews so they blend into a smooth and creamy texture.
- Combine all the ingredients in a Vitamix or other high-powered blender and process on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from the blender and chill to thicken. Serve chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the cooked edamame and thawed stir-fry blend into a food processor. Pulse multiple times until the ingredients are well blended. It should be green and have a fine consistency similar to that of short-grain rice.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax meal and water. Allow to sit for 2–3 minutes.
- Remove the vegetable mixture from the food processor and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the flax mixture and fold together.
- Add the orange juice, soy sauce, agave, Dijon, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to the vegetables and mix well.
- Form into 6 patties and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes. Flip and continue baking for an additional 10–15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the burgers to set for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve on a whole wheat bun topped with lettuce, sprouts, and Cilantro-Wasabi Aioli.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.