Pumpkin is one of the staple foods of the fall season. It has a unique flavor that lends itself well to a variety of dishes and beverages. Pasta usually isn’t the first dish that comes to mind when considering pumpkin recipes, but its creamy and nutty flavor profile is a perfect fit here. Enjoy!
1. Creamy Pumpkin Pasta With Fried Sage
This Creamy Pumpkin Pasta With Fried Sage by Jasmine Briones is sure to evoke all of the feels. It’s creamy, it’s packed with flavor, and most importantly, it’s simple to make and the perfect dish to share with friends and family. There is something so bold and beautiful about including fresh herbs in a recipe. The flavor enhancement and magical aroma can truly bring a meal to life. With the addition of fresh thyme in the sauce and the perfectly crisp fried sage to top the pasta, your taste buds are sure to be buzzing bite after bite.
2. Fresh, Homemade Pumpkin Pasta
Source: Fresh, Homemade Pumpkin Pasta
Is there a better scent than hot, homemade pumpkin pasta? This fresh pumpkin pasta dough comes together in 5 minutes and cooks up in a snap. This golden dough is extremely versatile and DELICIOUS. This Fresh, Homemade Pumpkin Pasta by Johanne Rosenthal is a must-have for fall dinners.
3. Pumpkin Pasta With Tomatoes and Basil
This Pumpkin Pasta With Tomatoes and Basil by Sina is ready in less than half an hour, so it’s great for quick weeknight dinners! Creamy pumpkin combines with tomato and basil to make a bridge between summer and fall flavors. To give the pasta an extra boost of iron and to stick with the pumpkin theme, it’s topped off with a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds!
Fall Cookbook: Plant-Based Recipes to Celebrate Harvest Season
Drum roll, please…One Green Planet’s Fall Plant-Based Recipes to Celebrate Harvest Season is here! Featuring an exciting collection of festive recipes that capture the spirit of fall. If you love eating delicious vegan food and cooking up a storm in the kitchen, you will want this cookbook! From stunning root veggies to sweet pumpkin and everything spice, these dishes will be the life of any fall dinner table! Grab this cookbook here. Featuring indulgent recipes like Pumpkin Velvet Cake with Buttercream, and Spiced Apple Doughnuts With Apple Cider Glaze, to hearty entrees like creamy pumpkin risotto and Creamy One-Pot Pumpkin Curry, this book is bursting with fall flavors. Whether you’re craving sweet pumpkin classics or savory root veg, there’s a dish to make your mouth water…happy cooking!
4. Pumpkin and Almond Parmesan Pasta
This decadent Pumpkin and Almond Parmesan Pasta by Simona Malerba is the ultimate weeknight comfort food. The pasta is enveloped by a creamy, velvety pumpkin sauce and a generous sprinkling of dairy-free Parmesan. The sauce is made by roasting the pumpkin until tender and then blending it until smooth and luscious and combining it with shallots, chili flakes, garlic, and fresh herbs. A crumbly almond Parmesan on top makes it an unforgettable experience.
5. Pumpkin 3-Cheese Pasta
Source: Pumpkin 3-Cheese Pasta
Cheesy pasta just got way better. This Pumpkin 3-Cheese Pasta by Florian Nouh is tossed with roasted pumpkin and three types of dairy-free cheese. First, a creamy cashew cheese sauce. Next, a cheesy corn sauce, and finally, a crumble cashew Parmesan. It’s cozy, delicious, and the perfect weeknight dinner, since you can save all your leftover cheese sauce for meals later in the week.
6. One Pot Vegan Pumpkin Mac And Cheese
Warm, cozy, vegan pumpkin mac and cheese is the perfect way to get your pumpkin fix. This One Pot Vegan Pumpkin Mac And Cheese by Alexandra and Eian is sweet, savory, extra thick and creamy, and so classy! The hint of cinnamon makes this dish perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
7. Pumpkin Ravioli
Source: Pumpkin Ravioli
8. Pumpkin Alfredo With Spinach and Corn
This Pumpkin Alfredo With Spinach and Corn by Gina Fontana has a creamy pumpkin cashew cream sauce mixed into pasta. Stir in some spinach and corn for extra nutrition and pops of sweetness and color. Garnish it with black sesame seeds to give this dish a tiny bit of a nutty flavor.
9. Pumpkin Sage Rigatoni With Shiitake Bacon
Say “hello” to the perfect fall pasta dish: pasta served in a rich pumpkin sauce with mushroom bacon and vegan Parmesan. Not only does it taste delicious, but the aesthetic appeal of this Pumpkin Sage Rigatoni With Shiitake Bacon by Gabrielle St. Claire just screams fall. Creamy pumpkin sauce, hearty pasta, kale, and smoky Shiitake bacon — everything blends seamlessly together and gives both a savory and sweet flavor profile.
10. Simple Stuffed Pumpkin Manicotti
Source: Simple Stuffed Pumpkin Manicotti
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!