Warm, cozy, vegan pumpkin mac and cheese is the perfect way to get your pumpkin fix. This vegan pumpkin pasta recipe is sweet, savory, extra thick and creamy, and so classy! The hint of cinnamon makes this dish perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
One Pot Vegan Pumpkin Mac And Cheese [Vegan]
- 2 cups Shell Pasta
- 3 cups Water
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2/3 cup Nooch
- 2 tablespoon Tahini
- 3/4 cup vegan Cheddar Shreds
- 1 tablespoon Parsley Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vegan cheese seasoning
- 2 teaspoon Pepper
- In a large pot, combine shells, water, salt, half of the garlic powder, half of the onion powder, and mustard powder. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently so the pasta doesn't stick.
- Boil the pasta for about 20 minutes, or until the shells are tender, and most of the water has been absorbed.
- Most of the water should be absorbed, don't drain the pasta, the leftover water serves as the base of the sauce.**
- Once pasta is cooked, add pumpkin puree, Nooch, tahini, parsley, paprika, cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, and cheese seasoning to the pot. Mix over low heat until smooth.
- Mix in the cheese shreds. Stir until everything is well combined, melty, and thick. Simmer over low heat if the sauce is too runny. It should be very thick and creamy!