If you’re looking to break into the world of homemade pasta or need a game changing holiday concept that can even be made together, you have to try this recipe for vegan Pumpkin Ravioli!
Pumpkin Ravioli [Vegan]
- 1 Can of Pumpkin Puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 Cup vegan parm cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegan egg powder combine with 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- * Salt & Pepper
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons semolina for dusting
- 4 Tablespoons vegan Butter
- 1/4 cup shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Sage (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup pine nuts
- Salt & Pepper
- Shredded vegan Parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 cup white wine
- Filling: mix all the ingredients in the bowl, add the egg last!
- Pasta: Lay the flour in a pile and make a well in the middle. Add the pumpkin puree and continue to fold in the flour. A dough should gradually form. If too dry add more pumpkin and vice versa. Once a soft dough forms take a floured rolling pen and begin rolling out to a thinner width to take it through the pasta machine. Cut the dough in rectangular strips. Feed it through the larger width a few times first, then the thinner width a few times. The thinner the dough the easier it is to enjoy! Too thick with turn out chewy. Make sure to cover the dough with a damp cloth if not being used.
- Cut into a long strip and begin making dollops of the filling on each at least a few inches apart. Bring the remaining pasta sheet over the top and press and seal the edged with wet fingers. Take the pasta cutter and press into the dough.
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling and add salt. Boil 2-3 ravioli at a time until they begin to float to the top. Top with the brown butter sauce, garnish with parm, and fresh black pepper, enjoy! Sauce: In a big skillet toss in all the ingredients adding the sage towards the end and the wine very last. Reduce the sauce by 1/2 cup. Using medium-low heat let it brown the butter gently. Add salt and pepper. Don't let the butter burn. Toss the ravioli in sauce or drizzle on top coating both sides. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and black pepper and serve right away!