The health benefits of ginger are widely known, which is one of the reasons ginger tea is so popular. Its signature spice also goes well with a variety of dishes, however, it seems to especially shine in soups. So if you’ve been looking for some delicious, healthy, and comforting soups for the winter season, this is the list for you.
1. Carrot Ginger Soup with Curried Raisin Relish
Source: Carrot Ginger Soup with Curried Raisin Relish
This Carrot Ginger Soup with Curried Raisin Relish by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler is vegan, gluten-free, and suitable for those following a plant-based and raw vegan diet and of course anyone who just wants to eat more healthily. The combination of carrots and ginger creates a comforting combination in this satisfying soup – just the right treat during a cool fall season.
2. Sweet Potato Ginger Soup
Source: Sweet Potato Ginger Soup
If you like sweet potatoes or sweet-tasting foods in general, you will love this Sweet Potato Ginger Soup by Mitra Shirmohammadi. Fresh ginger root is another key ingredient that elevates the flavor profile by adding that zing!
3. Comforting Miso and Ginger Soup
Source: Comforting Miso and Ginger Soup
This Comforting Miso and Ginger Soup by Rita Marie is just what you need after a long day out in the cold. Or even if you’re in warmer climates, it’s still awesome to have just because it’s comfort in a bowl! The savory, yet spicy combo of the ginger with miso in a flavorful broth is enticing and hits all the right spots.
Winter Cookbook: Heartwarming Plant-Based Recipes for the Cooler Months
As the seasons change and the weather gets chillier, there is truly nothing better than spending time in the kitchen with loved ones while cooking up cozy, soul-warming, home-cooked plant-based meals. This vegan winter cookbook includes 75 stunning vegan recipes with amazing photos! With this cookbook, you’ll find countless comforting recipes to inspire you and help you make the most of winter’s abundant variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables! This cookbook features warm and comforting plant-based recipes like Pasta with Creamy Chestnut Pesto and Mushroom Bisque With Cashew Cream, festive sweets like Glazed Cinnamon Bun Cookies and Caramel Topped Gingersnap Brownies, and Roasted Winter Vegetable Bowls with Couscous, Romesco Sauce, and Tahini Drizzle, this cookbook offers everything you need to create a stunning winter spread!
4. Carrot Avocado Ginger Soup
Source: Carrot Avocado Ginger Soup
This Carrot Avocado Ginger Soup by Amy Height is good for you and it tastes wonderful. It’s both super nourishing AND super satisfying … it hits all of those nice chill-out spots in the brain (nutrients! creaminess! flavor!) and it is so simple to make, you’ll be extra impressed with how good of a cook you are and issue some immediate high fives to your bad self.
5. Creamy Beet and Ginger Soup With a Coconut Swirl
Source: Creamy Beet and Ginger Soup With a Coconut Swirl
This Creamy Beet and Ginger Soup With a Coconut Swirl by Diana Johnson is hypnotizing! Creamy coconut milk is swirled into delightfully pink beet soup, making for a show-stopping, beautiful dish.
6. Creamy Ginger, Pear, and Butternut Squash Soup
Source: Creamy Ginger, Pear, and Butternut Squash Soup
Blending this soup makes it deliciously creamy, and the flavor is sweet, tangy, and savory. Enjoy it alone or add more protein. Ginger is anti-inflammatory and has been shown to increase gut motility for smoother, more regular digestion. Combined with the fiber from the pears and rich broth, your gut will love this Creamy Ginger, Pear, and Butternut Squash Soup by Alison Marras.
7. Spicy Lentil Soup with Ginger & Coconut Milk
Source: Spicy Lentil Soup with Ginger & Coconut Milk
This nutritious Spicy Lentil Soup with Ginger & Coconut Milk by Natalie Yonan will light up your winter! Lentils are a great commodity for fast everyday food. They barely take any time to cook and are so grateful to mix with other ingredients like crushed tomatoes and coconut milk. A tasty lentil soup that has both Indian and Asian influences! This soup is quite spicy and has plenty of garlic, ginger, and turmeric! This soup can be served with freshly baked bread or naan! If you halve the amount of water, it also works as a casserole with rice or bulgur.
8. Pumpkin Ginger Chickpea Soup
Source: Pumpkin Ginger Chickpea Soup
This Pumpkin Ginger Chickpea Soup by Maja Brekalo is creamy and has the perfect combination of spicy and sweet. The deep orange color makes for a beautiful presentation and the aromas will have your mouth watering before it even makes it to the table! Enjoy this with a big piece of gluten-free bread or a baked potato for a filling, easy meal!
9. Ginger Bok Choy Soup
Source: Ginger Bok Choy Soup
This simple Ginger Bok Choy Soup by Annie Markowitz is packed with flavor and can accommodate the majority of the diets you will encounter– it’s gluten-free, oil-free, and paleo. The ginger and garlic perfume this soup’s base while the chewy noodles and tender bok choy give this steamy delight the perfect texture.
10. Red Lentil and Mushroom Soup with Garlic and Ginger
Source: Red Lentil and Mushroom Soup with Garlic and Ginger
This Red Lentil and Mushroom Soup with Garlic and Ginger by Jenny Marie is a relaxing and cozy dish for chillier days! The ginger gives it a lovely ‘spicy’ kick, and there’s a great peppery lentil taste. Blend the whole lot up into a very comforting thick and creamy soup! It’s super easy and comes together in no time at all, which will make it your go-to sick-day recipe.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!