This soup is a relaxing and cozy dish for chillier days! The ginger gives it a lovely ‘spicy’ kick, and there's a great peppery lentil taste. Blend the whole lot up into a very comforting thick and creamy soup! It’s super easy and comes together in no time at all, which will make it your go-to sick day recipe.
Red Lentil and Mushroom Soup with Garlic and Ginger [Vegan]
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large chunk of ginger (2-3 ‘thumb’ sized pieces), chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup split red lentils
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger in a little oil (this recipe used coconut). When the onions are softened, add the mushrooms and wait until some of the juices are released.
- Stir in the lentils, add the stock and let simmer for around 15-20 minutes, until the lentils are cooked.
- Blend and serve! Add salt & pepper to taste.