These are the best vegan sausage rolls you'll ever have. The sausages are made first by making a crumbly almond feta. Then, it's combined with savory onion, walnuts, oats, and herbs and rolled up in a puff pastry. They're crispy, flaky, and they can be frozen, so if you make a big batch, freeze some for future meals!
Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls [Vegan]
For the Almond Feta Cheese:
- 2/3 cup whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium-sized garlic clove
- 1/2, plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons water
For the Sausages:
- 1/8 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large brown onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 cup walnuts
- 7 ounces almond feta cheese (recipe above)
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos, tamari, or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or oats
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
For the Sausage Rolls:
- 8 sheets vegan puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
To Make the Almond Feta Cheese:
- Soak almonds overnight.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
To Make the Sausages:
- Mix flax meal and water in a small bowl and allow to thicken.
- In a food processor, combine onion, parsley, and walnuts until chunky.
- Add almond feta cheese (from above), liquid aminos, flax mix, bread crumbs, oats, and nutritional yeast, then process until smooth.
- Put mix in the refrigerator for an hour or two to thicken up.
To Make the Sausage Rolls:
- Cut a sheet of thawed puff pastry in half and spread 3 tablespoons of mix along one long edge.
- Roll pastry around mix and seal with non-dairy milk.
- Cut into four rolls, brush with milk, and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Cook immediately at 410°F for 20 minutes or freeze and cook later at 410°F for 25 minutes.