This simple soup is packed with flavor and can accommodate even the majority of the diets you will encounter– it's gluten-free, oil-free and paleo. The ginger and garlic perfume this soup's base while the chewy noodles and tender bok choy give this steamy delight the perfect texture.
Ginger Bok Choy Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head bok choy, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 ounces noodles of your choice, uncooked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sesame seeds (garnish)
- Red pepper flakes (garnish)
- Add 1 tablespoon water, garlic, and green onions to stockpot and heat them, on medium heat, for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add in vegetable broth and water, and bring the soup to a boil.
- Add in bok choy and ginger, and cook the soup for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in noodles, and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until noodles are softened to your liking/according to package instructions.
- Taste it and add the salt and pepper as you see fit.