This soup is absolutely hypnotizing! Creamy coconut milk is swirled into delightfully pink beet soup, making for a show-stopping, beautiful dish.
Creamy Beet and Ginger Soup With a Coconut Swirl [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Creamy Beet and Ginger Soup With a Coconut Swirl [Vegan]
How to Prepare Creamy Beet and Ginger Soup With a Coconut Swirl [Vegan]
- Heat a bit of olive oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Sauté onions until clear, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook until aromatic. This will take about 5 minutes and make sure to stir often so they don't burn.
- Add beets and 4 of the 5 cups of broth. Bring to a boil then reduce and let simmer about 20-25 minutes or until beets are tender.
- Pour everything from the pot into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour back into the pot and add any remainder of broth until its desired consistency. Remember you're adding the milk next.
- Stir in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper.
- I like to keep about 2 tablespoons of the milk in the can and use it to create a white swirl in contrast to the pink soup color. Garnish with parsley and julienned beets and serve with crusted bread. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.