This soup is absolutely hypnotizing! Creamy coconut milk is swirled into delightfully pink beet soup, making for a show-stopping, beautiful dish.
Creamy Beet and Ginger Soup With a Coconut Swirl [Vegan]
- Heat a bit of olive oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Sauté onions until clear, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook until aromatic. This will take about 5 minutes and make sure to stir often so they don't burn.
- Add beets and 4 of the 5 cups of broth. Bring to a boil then reduce and let simmer about 20-25 minutes or until beets are tender.
- Pour everything from the pot into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour back into the pot and add any remainder of broth until its desired consistency. Remember you're adding the milk next.
- Stir in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper.
- I like to keep about 2 tablespoons of the milk in the can and use it to create a white swirl in contrast to the pink soup color. Garnish with parsley and julienned beets and serve with crusted bread. Serve immediately. Enjoy!