He wrote in a post on Athlete’s Voice, “I’ve been passionate about animal welfare for some time now. I don’t eat meat or dairy anymore. That’s not for my health, I just don’t believe in eating animals.I tried a vegan diet a couple of years ago but with all the travel I do, it was hard to stick to it. Since then I’ve managed to make it work, and I’ve been vegetarian for quite a while. Seeing the footage of these animals suffering with the fires only reinforces why I’ve chosen this diet. When I see these terrible photos, I can’t comprehend eating meat.”
Kyrgios also wrote about the urgent need to protect the planet and said that he would be donating $200 for each ace to wildfire relief. Kyrgios joins a host of other athletes, including tennis stars Marcus Daniell and Venus Williams, in adopting a vegan diet.
Plant-based diets are known to help chronic inflammation, heart health, allergies, gut health and more! For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Sample Meal Plans for the Female Vegan Athlete
- 25 Delicious Vegan Sources of Protein (The Ultimate Guide!)
- 5 Plant-Based Foods that Will Help You Build Muscle
- 5 Clean Muscle-Building Foods for Athletes That Are All-Vegan
- 15 Clean, Vegan Protein Powders That Prove Protein is Way Better Without Whey
- Athletic Performance Problems That Can be Helped by Eating Plant-Based
- 10 Must-Read Articles For Plant-Based Athletes
- 5 Plant-Based Athletes That Blow the Protein Myth Out of the Water
- Plant-Based Weekly Meal Plan By Diet: ENDURANCE ATHLETE MENU
- Common Benefits Athletes Experience When Switching to a Vegan Diet
- What Do Vegan Athletes Eat?
- An Endurance Athletes Guide to Preparing and Eating Vegan Food
- The Ultimate Guide to Being a Vegan Athlete!
- 10 Tips on Eating Plant-Strong for Athletic Performance
- 10 Amazing Athletes that Eat Plant-Powered for Performance
- The Best Fitness Aids for Plant-Based Athletes
- How to Make Your Own Energy Gels For Endurance Athletics
- Eating for Endurance: 15 High Carb, High Protein Products to Fuel Your Workout
- 15 Protein-Packed Vegan Recipes That Feature Beans, Chickpeas, Lentils, and More Pulses!
- 15 Easy High-Protein Tofu Recipes That are So(y) Tasty!
- Anti-Inflammatory Herbs and Spices for Athletes
- Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods for the Vegan Athlete
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- High-Protein Recipes
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.