Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Actions speak SO much louder than words, and the reaction of this “just rescued” dog speaks for all dogs sitting in shelters across the nation. This sweet girl named Bella spent the greater part of her life in a small concrete cage in a city shelter. For many stray or unwanted pets, the shelter is their last stop or a place where many lose hope of ever finding a forever home … especially if they’ve been playing the waiting game as long as Bella has.
Howl of a Dog heard this precious girl’s silent cry for help and pulled her from the local shelter. Just a few moments after being rescued, on the way to the vet, Bella did something so simple but something most of us take for granted. She fell into a peaceful, relaxed slumber right on her savior’s lap. Bella finally felt safe, knowing she was in good hands. What she doesn’t realize, however, is that it’s just the beginning. Her life will now be filled with love, care, and happiness.
Update 9/21/20: Bella found a forever home in December 2018! Check out this collage that Howl of a Dog posted:
- Dog Rescued After Being Thrown into the Harlem River
- Dramatic Video of Dog Rescued From Lake Michigan Rip Currents
- Dog Rescued From Around A Dumpster Still Follows New Mom Around in Fear of Abandonment
- Stranded Dog Rescued From Floating Piece of Ice on River in Detroit
- Dog Rescued After 500 Days in Shelter, and Her Joy is Contagious!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!