Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A sick cat showed up in a neighborhood starving and was completely covered in dirt, sand, and feces because the poor cat could not clean himself. @nataliekparra knew that she needed to help, so they decided to trap the cat to take him to the vet. Thankfully, they found out that his blood work looked great, but he would need some expensive dental work.
The veterinarian sent them home with antibiotics, flea medication, and a dental referral. She finally got him all cleaned up, and it turned out he was a big fan of being petted with a soapy washcloth. She asked her followers for fundraising advice because she wasn’t sure how she would be able to afford all of his expensive medical bills.
Thankfully, people all over the world heard about him, and people were able to Donate money to help get the cat some dental work. While they waited to be able to get into the vet dentist, the cat enjoyed his new home, where he got lots of TLC.
Replying to @celinesnh we are so overwhelmed over here and soooo grateful! The dental vet on island is currently booked until Nov but theyre trying to squeeze us in so we can get him help asap! This could not have happened without your Support ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ we’re still getting him clean and adjusted to indoors while we wait
Thanks to everyone’s help, they finally hit their fundraising goal and get an emergency appointment at the vet.
“In the meantime, we’re getting in a ton of snuggles. He’s not super interested in toys or catnip yet. Just wants love,” @nataliekparra said.
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.
They found that the cat, now named Sir William Thatcher, loved pets, Nacho Flay, being petted some more, fuzzy blankets, and of course, being petted some more, @nataliekparra said. They began to look for a forever home for Sir William so that they could continue to foster more cats in need like him.
The goodest boy, Sir William Thatcher, is resting, eating, and getting all the pats while he waits for his big surgery on Monday ❤️🐈⬛! #fostercat
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Blind Cat Rescued From Rubble After Tornado Destroyed Texas Animal Shelter
- Cat Rescued Two Weeks After Escaping Crate at Airport
- Feral Cat Rescuer Wants to Get Black Community Involved in Trap-Neuter-Return Programs
- Cat Rescued After Escaping from Dogfighting Ring
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!