On February 28, first responders saved this dog who was stranded on a floating piece of ice on the Detroit River in Wyandotte, Michigan.
Source: ABC News/Youtube
The dog, named Lucy, escaped from her owner and ran out onto the ice, which was about 20 feet from the shore. The video taken at the scene shows a rescuer carefully climbing a ladder into the water to reach Lucy with a catchpole. Although Lucy was visibly cold and scared, the rescue team was able to pull the ice toward the shore as quickly as possible and bring the labradoodle to safety. Police said that Lucy was brought to a vet immediately following the incident, and it was determined that she would be okay! Lucy and her owner were happily reunited, rescuers said.
This scary situation serves as a reminder to the public to stay out of the Detroit River and to always keep your pets at a safe distance to prevent something like this from ever happening again in the future.
- Heartbreaking Rescue Story of Petal the Cat Who Was Bleeding for 2 Years and Waiting to Die
- After Spending 10 Days Apart Cat Can’t Stop Hugging His Dog Friend (VIDEO)
- This Cat Takes Care of His Sick Best Friend, Who’s a Dog! (VIDEO)
- Watch This Cat and Dog Playing Happily Together!
- Tycho and Refurb: A Lesson in Friendship for All Cats and Dogs (PHOTOS)
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!