Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When many people think of Pit Bulls, they imagine large, tough dogs who have a reputation for being ferocious and mean. Thinking that these dogs are inherently vicious, people avoid adopting this breed, believing that they are dangerous and don’t make good pets. Sadly, these stereotypes surrounding Pit Bulls and Pit-mixes originate from dogs who are trained to be aggressive in fighting rings. Irresponsible Pit Bull owners often take advantage of their dog’s loyalty and force them to attack other dogs in the name of “sport,” and these cruel actions from a small sect of people lead to the marginalization of these dogs.
In reality, any dog who is given the proper care and love that they deserve has the potential to make a wonderful pet, and Pit Bulls are no exception. Just take a look at these two happy pups featured in this video. These lucky dogs get to share their home with a flock of baby turkeys and are more than happy to step in and act as nannies for the little birds.
Seeing this Pit Bull interact with the baby birds is sure to bring a smile to your face. Still, think all Pit Bulls are vicious? …We didn’t think so.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- From Pigs and Chickens to Dogs and Ducklings: 9 Unlikely Animal Friendships Too Cute to Handle!
- Animal Friends Help Heartbroken Goat Heal After He Lost His Best Friend [Video]
- 9 Times Animals Came to the Rescue of Their Fellow Animal Friends
- Two Orphan Animal Friends Take the Next Steps on the Road to Recovery
- Mom Captures Tender Moments Between Her Young Sons and Their Animal Friends (PHOTOS)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!