Rescuers carried Lusha the dog four miles after she injured her paw on a hike in California, PEOPLE reported. The Ventura County Sheriff’s Office shared that Lusha had injured her paw on the third day of a hiking trip, leaving her unable to walk.
Lusha and her owner were four miles from the nearest trailhead and couldn’t make it back to her car. Lusha’s owner, Kinga Szpakiewicz told the Ventura County Star that Lush stepped on a rock and cut her foot.
Ventura County Sheriff’s Upper Ojai Search and Rescue Team were up to the task of helping 80 lb. Lusha back to her home. They brought a stretcher.
Lusha “sat patiently on the stretcher for the duration of the 4.5-mile hike back to the trailhead,” according to the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office.
Read more rescue stories in One Green Planet, including this dog that was reduced from an irrigation pipe.
- Firefighters Rescue Dog Trapped Under a Bus
- Rescue Team Saves Couple and Dogs from Pickup Trunk Dangling Off Bridge
- Puppy Rescued from Freezing Waters of Jamaica Bay in New York City
- Coast Guard Rescues Distressed Woman and Her Dogs From Sailboat During Bad Weather
- Bridge Inspector Rescues Dog Hanging 120 Feet Above River
- Brave Board Rider Saves Dog from Drowning after a Kayak Overturned in Rough Waters
- Dog Trapped at the Bottom of a Sinkhole Gets Rescued
- Lost Dog Rescued by Family in the Middle of Lake Michigan!
- Dog Saved in Heroic Rescue from a Frozen River in Michigan
- Husky Rescued from Storm Drain in California!
- Stranded Pup Surrounded by Crocodiles Rescued on Florida Island
- Dog Rescued After Being Trapped on Steep Cliff
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!