A stranded dog was rescued from serious danger in Florida. According to a Facebook post from the Lake County Sheriff’s Office, a dog was stuck surrounded by crocodiles on an island.
Animal Enforcement Officer Amy Riccio received a call about the stuck dog and sprung into action. Neighbors heard the dog and then spotted it on the island. Neighbors were concerned about alligators in the water.
“Knowing what lurks in the waters, they were concerned the alligators would get to the dog before units could arrive,” the post from the Sheriff’s Office shared.
Riccio created a makeshift bridge to bring the dog to safety. “She was able to quickly gain the dog’s trust before she carried the dog onto her shoulders and back across the unstable bridge where she and the dog were safely rescued,” the Sheriff’s Office wrote of the rescue.
The owner hasn’t been identified so the dog is currently living at the Lake County Animal Shelter. Great work AEO Riccio!
Read more rescue stories in One Green Planet, including this dog that was reduced from an irrigation pipe.
- Firefighters Rescue Dog Trapped Under a Bus
- Bridge Inspector Rescues Dog Hanging 120 Feet Above River
- Brave Board Rider Saves Dog from Drowning after a Kayak Overturned in Rough Waters
- Dog Trapped at the Bottom of a Sinkhole Gets Rescued
- Lost Dog Rescued by Family in the Middle of Lake Michigan!
- Dog Saved in Heroic Rescue from a Frozen River in Michigan
- Husky Rescued from Storm Drain in California!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!