This cheesecake is easy, affordable, tofu based, perfect for summer, non-vegan approved, and low sugar. What I love about this recipe is that it's effortless, affordable, has aesthetic appeal (if you don’t like the baked top you can simply cut it off), low sugar, and is perfect for summer!
Key Lime Pie Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 20-25, crushed vegan graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, soft
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Filling:
- 2 8-ounce packages vegan cream cheese
- 2 16-ounce packages silken tofu (recommend using soft)
- 1/2 cup agave
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon natural green food dye
For the Coconut Whip Topping:
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk chilled in refrigerator overnight (top portion only)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese (optional)
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Sliced limes
- Lime zest
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a spring-form pan with parchment paper (optional).
To Make the Crust:
- In a food processor, add the graham crackers, gently pulse until a dust forms. Add vegan butter, brown sugar, pulse a few more times and then press the mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
To Make the Filling:
- In a food processor add the vegan cream cheese, silken tofu, agave, vanilla extract, lime juice, lime zest, and food coloring and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- With mixer on slow, slowly add the corn starch and flour a little at a time until fully incorporated. Pour the mixture into the spring-form pan and bake for one hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool on a counter top for one hour. Top with coconut whip, sliced limes, lime zest, toasted coconut, and store in the refrigerator to set for at least 1 hour.
To Make the Whipped Topping:
- In the bowl of a standing mixer add the solid coconut and whip until smooth. Sift in the powdered sugar and add the vanilla, and set aside to chill