Friends, these nachos are the real deal! Wonton wrappers make an amazing replacement for regular tortilla chips ... who knew? And edamame guacamole is an awesome spin off of plain avocado guacamole. Make these for any party and they will disappear in five minutes, guaranteed.
Wonton Nachos With Edamame Guacamole [Vegan]
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 2 limes
- 2 avocados
- Half of a red onion
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (or hot sauce)
- 1/2 package frozen wontons (about 20 wrappers)
- 1/3 package of veggie crumbles (or make your own!)
- 2 shredded carrots
- 3 green onions
- 1/3 chopped red cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 teaspoons ginger
- Sriracha to top
- Take edamame out of the freezer and let defrost for roughly 15 minutes. Blend in food presser until a paste (add some hot water if needed.)
- Add the lime juice, avocados, red onion, salt, soy sauce, hot sauce and blend until a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat with vegetable oil. Place wonton wrappers on the pan for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown. Transfer them to a paper towel to absorb the oil, then break into chip sized pieces.
- Layer the wonton chips on a baking sheet. Put the veggie ground on top, with the ginger, garlic, cabbage, and green onion. Top with the shredded carrot and squirt lines of Sriracha (not required but recommended).
- Put in the oven for 5-7 minutes. Serve with the guacamole and enjoy!
- Good eats!
This recipe was inspired by Sebastian Gill-Peterson.