Getting tired of plain old greens? Spice up your salad life with this tasty combination of wild rice, sweet potato, orange, cherries, and pecans. It's the best of fall in a bowl!
Wild Rice Salad With Sweet Potato, Cherries and Pecans [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown rice miso
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, roasted, cooled, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup wild rice and brown rice blend, cooked and cooled slightly
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- Dash salt & ground black pepper
- Dash of poultry seasoning
- Zest of half an orange
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Add the salad ingredients and gently toss to combine. Let salad sit for a little while for flavors to meld - then serve at room temperature on a bed of fresh, crisp greens - sprinkled with additional toasted pecans, if desired.