These burgers have all the trappings you could ask for. The hearty white bean patties are topped with a delicious homemade slaw and finished with a gochujang spread that adds the perfect amount of spice to this epic burger.
White Bean Burger With Sesame Ginger Slaw and Gochujang Yogurt [Vegan]
For the Burgers:
- 1 15-ounce can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 fresh burger buns
- Sprouts, for garnish
For the Slaw:
- 2 cups of shredded or julienned cabbage
- 1 cup carrot, shredded or spiralized
- 1/4 cup pickled red ginger, sliced into thin strips (or use fresh ginger)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
For the Spread:
- 1 cup plain vegan Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 2 teaspoons tamari
To Make the Burgers:
- In a blender or food processor, add the cannellini beans, 1/4 of the panko bread crumbs, scallions, peanuts, garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce.
- Pulse the ingredients until everything is broken down and will hold together.
- Shape the bean mixture into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Put the remaining 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Lightly brush both sides of each patty with oil, and dip the patties into the breadcrumbs, turning them to coat.
- Preheat a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Carefully add the patties to skillet and cook them for 10-12 minutes, or until they're heated through, flipping the patties once halfway through.
To Make the Slaw:
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss them until everything is evenly coated.
- Set it aside.
To Make the Spread:
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, gochujang, and tamari. Add more gochujang if you want a bit more heat.