An adorable French dish that is similar to a twice-baked potato but so much more elegant. These little spirals of orange fluffy goodness are not only fancy but also only have eight ingredients!
Sweet Potato French Daisies [Vegan]
- Cut sweet potatoes into pieces and steam for 4 to 5 minutes until tender.
- Purée them.
- Pre-heat the oven to 355°F.
- Transfer the mashed potatoes to a saucepan and add the spices and margarine.
- Heat to dry mashed potatoes, stirring frequently.
- When the purée is dry and comes off the edges, add the cashew purée, the cream, and the cornstarch.
- Adjust the seasoning and pour the puree into a piping bag with a fluted tip.
- On a plate covered with parchment paper form small spirals.
- Salt the sweet potatoes and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with lentil soup or a chili!