This corn Alfredo sauce is incredibly simple and healthy. It’s also free of the most common allergens and processed ingredients. Alfredo is usually made with butter, cream, and cheese. In this plant-based version, corn adds such a sweet and salty taste as well as a creamy texture. Just steam the corn and blend all of the ingredients for a luxurious, silky smooth sauce. You can use it as a pasta sauce, salad dressing, soup, or dip. This corn Alfredo sauce goes well with so many foods!
Sweet Corn Alfredo Sauce [Vegan]
- 4 cups frozen white sweet corn
- 1/2 cup hot water or broth
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- optional 2 tablespoons buttery spread/vegan butter
- unrefined salt
- optional sprinkle of basil and parsley
- Boil or steam frozen corn until tender, about 10 minutes after water boils. While corn cooks, prepare other ingredients.
- When corn is done, add it along with the water/broth into a high speed blender or food processor and blend on low, then on high until the corn becomes a mixture that is very smooth and creamy. Now add the additional ingredients and blend until just mixed.
- Serve and enjoy!