This cheese spread is delicious and great for those times where you crave something rich and creamy. Just be sure to omit the optional cashews if you're nut-free! It's relatively easy to make because it doesn't require any fermenting, draining, or any special equipment at all other than a good blender or food processor.
Sunny Hemp Cheeze [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sunny Hemp Cheeze [Vegan]
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for 10 minutes in hot water
- 1/2 cup cashews (optional)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon basil
How to Prepare Sunny Hemp Cheeze [Vegan]
- In your high-speed blender or food processor, add in the hemp and sunflower seeds (and cashews if using). Add in half the water and process until smooth. Add more water as needed just to get everything moving.
- Once it is smooth, add in the other ingredients and blend until well incorporated. You may need to add a bit more water at this stage to get everything mixed it just right.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- All Vegan Cheese
- Hemp Seeds
- Nut-Free Vegan Cheese
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Sunflower Seed
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2236 | Total Carbs: 69 g | Total Fat: 179 g | Total Protein: 111 g | Total Sodium: 557 g | Total Sugar: 16 g (Per Serving) Calories: 373 | Carbs: 12 g | Fat: 30 g | Protein: 19 g | Sodium: 93 g | Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.