Sensitive stomachs, rejoice! This is a dairy-free, nut-free, grain-free, and coconut-free cheesy spread! This tastes similar to smoky cheddar cheese, except it's easier to spread than cheddar cheese. Win-win situation going on here. Slab this on bread, veggies, crackers, grapes, whatever! You can't really do anything bad with this spread because it's just that good.
Sunflower ‘Cheddar’ Spread [Vegan, Grain-Free]
1 1/2 cups of spread
Ingredients You Need for Sunflower ‘Cheddar’ Spread [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1/2 cup raw (unsalted) sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup water, plus more as needed for thinning
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons miso (such as chickpea miso)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt as needed
How to Prepare Sunflower ‘Cheddar’ Spread [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Drain and rinse the sunflower seeds. Add them to the blender along with all of the other ingredients except the salt. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add salt as needed. Serve.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.