This gluten-free cake recipe is ready for all you chocolate lovers out there! This decadent dark chocolate cake is speckled with juicy blackberries and contains no refined sugar, but it tastes like a dream. It's topped with a white chocolate saffron frosting that is sweet and creamy and topped with more berries and chunks of dark chocolate for the ultimate presentation.
Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate and Blackberry Cake With Saffron Frosting [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 5 vegan egg replaces
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 1/2 teaspoons teff flour
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 3/4 tablespoons gluten-free white flour mix
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 3/4 tablespoons dark roasted cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 7 ounces vegan sugar-free dark chocolate, melted
- 3.5 ounces vegan chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup thick coconut cream
- 7 ounces blackberries
For the Frosting:
- 3.5 ounces vegan white chocolate
- 2 1/4 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon orange or lemon juice
- 2.4 ounces powdered erythritol
- 0.1 gram saffron
To Make the Cake:
- Prepare your vegan eggs.
- Combine the bananas and coconut sugar.
- In a bowl, mix all the flours with psyllium, baking powder, and chocolate chunks. Add to the banana purée.
- Add the oil, coconut cream, melted chocolate, and the berries. Mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into greased baking tin and bake at 355°F for 45-60 minutes. Baking time varies a lot depending on the shape of your tin.
To Make the Frosting:
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Mix with remaining ingredients.
- Let the frosting cool/thicken. Be sure that your cake has cooled down before frosting.