These strawberry paletas are just the right amount of sweet and are bursting with chunks of strawberries. Although they take five hours to set, the preparation is very simple. Simply sprinkle sugar over your strawberries, heat them gently, blend until smooth, set in the freezer, and then five short hours later you'll be enjoying a delicious frozen dessert!
Strawberry Paletas [Vegan]
- 4 cups strawberries, fresh, hulled, and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place strawberries in a large bowl and sprinkle sugar over them. Mix well. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Place strawberries in a medium sauce pot and add 1/2 cup of water and place over medium heat. Simmer softly for 5 minutes. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture is cool, place in a blender, add the lemon juice, and process to desired consistency. Your popsicles can be chunky or smooth.
- Pour into your molds, snap on the lids, and freeze for at least 5 hours.
If using shot glasses, like in the pictures, pour mixture into glasses and freeze for 1-2 hours. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 4 more hours. If your strawberries are not very sweet you can add 1/4 cup more of sugar.