This isn't any old sandwich! An extraordinary sandwich has to have the perfect balance of creaminess, crunch, and punch of flavor. This smoked tofu dish has all of that and more. The avocado and hummus and creaminess while the red onion, cucumber, and alfalfa sprouts add plenty of crunchy and crisp textures.
Smoked Tofu Multi-Layer Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Smoked Tofu Multi-Layer Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 slices of non-GMO smoked tofu
- 2 slices of brown multigrain bread (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tomato
- Red onion
- Spinach, finely shredded
- 1 handful of alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup cucumber slices
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite mixed seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Smoked Tofu Multi-Layer Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Heat a medium skillet on low to medium heat.
- Add seasoning to tofu slices and place in the pan.
- Heat the tofu until lightly brown and remove from heat.
- in the same skillet, add bread and toast until lightly brown. Remove from heat.
- Spread hummus on the bread and start adding the rest of your veggies.
- Top off with salt and pepper, then slice in half.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.