This chickpea and tahini purée is so creamy and delicious that you can eat it as a spread, with raw vegetables as a dip, or even by the spoonful! This recipe spices up the traditional hummus by adding fresh turmeric for its anti-inflammatory properties as well as its beautiful golden yellow color. The fresh cilantro balances the slightly bitter, gingery flavor from the turmeric.
Cilantro and Turmeric Hummus [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1/3-inch piece of fresh turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 small handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- A pinch of curry powder
- A pinch of salt
- Pour all the ingredients into the bowl of a blender.
- Mix until you get a creamy hummus. Season with salt, to taste.