The biggest secret to this dark chocolate cake is the use of olive oil. It allows this cake to become super moist with a rich dark chocolate taste. Serve this with your favorite vegan ice cream or coconut whipped cream!
Secret Dark Chocolate Cake [Vegan]
- 8 tablespoons raw cacao or cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 vegan chocolate of choice, melted
- Coconut whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a springform.
- Mix together dry ingredients and slowly stir in vinegar, milk, and water. Slowly stir in olive oil.
- Pour cake batter into prepared springform and bake for 30 minutes. The cake will be done when a toothpick or skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool before releasing it from the springform.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the cake.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream.