Craving fries? These roasted root fries are deliciously savory, crispy, and guilt-free! They simply need to be tossed with some olive oil and herbs, and then roasted in the oven. Pair them with a cheesy, cashew dip and we guarantee you'll be craving this veggie-centric snack over and over again!
Roasted Root Fries With Cheesy Dip [Vegan]
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 large red beet
- 1/4 root celery
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch dried thyme
- Olive oil
For the Dip:
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- A handful of freshly chopped herbs
- First, soak the cashew nuts. Ideally for a few hours, preferably over night.
- Turn the oven to 340°F.
- Wash the vegetables carefully before slicing them into evenly sized fries. Toss the fries gently in a bowl with 1-2 teaspoons of oil, the salt and dried thyme and place them on a parchment paper-covered oven tray. Bake in the oven for 25-45 minutes, timing all depends on the size of the fries. Keep an eye on them, they should be a little brown but not more, and of course cooked throughout.
- While the fries are in the oven make the dip. Run the soaked cashews (soaking water removed), nutritional yeast, and non-dairy milk in a blender until smooth. Adjust the consistency if needed by adding a little more milk. Chop the herbs and stir these and the salt into the dip. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve together as soon as the fries are done.