Need an easy and flavorful main for your dinner? These roasted eggplant fillets are delicious! Simply massage the thick slices with garlicky oil and pop them in the oven. Add some toasted pine nuts, fresh parsley, and a little vegan cheese on top before serving for additional texture and flavor.
Roasted Eggplant Fillets [Vegan]
- 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of fresh black pepper
- A few sprigs of rosemary or thyme
- Turn the oven to 355°F. Stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Slice the eggplant and add to the bowl, massaging in the dressing making sure the eggplant slices are coated properly. Place them one by one on a parchment-lined oven tray on parchment paper and bake in the oven until cooked through and little brown on top, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with sauce and sides of your choice.