Did you ever have the biscuits at Red Lobster? This is my attempt to make a vegan version of those biscuits. While not particularly good for you these were tasty and reminiscent of how I remember their biscuits. They are quite dense and very filling. I ate just one for lunch, and that was all I needed.
Cheddar Biscuits [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cheddar Biscuits [Vegan]
For the Biscuit:
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 4 tablespoons cold vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar style shreds
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella style shreds (note: you can omit the mozzarella and substitute a whole cup of cheddar)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For Brushing on the Top:
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
How to Prepare Cheddar Biscuits [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a pastry cutter or fork mix the flour and cold butter. Do not overmix, it should be quite crumbly. Add the non-dairy milk, cheddar, and mozzarella (or just one cup of cheddar) shreds and use your hands to form a dough. Do not over-mix, it will still be quite crumbly.
- Place nine equal portions on a lightly greased baking sheet. You may need to roll the dough a bit to form a ball.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and melt the butter, garlic powder and parsley. Brush over the top of the biscuits before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Cheesy Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2109 | Total Carbs: 232 g | Total Fat: 122 g | Total Protein: 28 g | Total Sodium: 4926 g | Total Sugar: 8 g Per Serving: Calories: 234 | Carbs: 26 g | Fat: 14 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 547 mg | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.