Did you ever have the biscuits at Red Lobster? This is my attempt to make a vegan version of those biscuits. While not particularly good for you these were tasty and reminiscent of how I remember their biscuits. They are quite dense and very filling. I ate just one for lunch, and that was all I needed.
Cheddar Biscuits [Vegan]
For the Biscuit:
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 4 tablespoons cold vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar style shreds
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella style shreds (note: you can omit the mozzarella and substitute a whole cup of cheddar)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For Brushing on the Top:
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a pastry cutter or fork mix the flour and cold butter. Do not overmix, it should be quite crumbly. Add the non-dairy milk, cheddar, and mozzarella (or just one cup of cheddar) shreds and use your hands to form a dough. Do not over-mix, it will still be quite crumbly.
- Place nine equal portions on a lightly greased baking sheet. You may need to roll the dough a bit to form a ball.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and melt the butter, garlic powder and parsley. Brush over the top of the biscuits before serving.
- Cheesy Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2109 | Total Carbs: 232 g | Total Fat: 122 g | Total Protein: 28 g | Total Sodium: 4926 g | Total Sugar: 8 g Per Serving: Calories: 234 | Carbs: 26 g | Fat: 14 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 547 mg | Sugar: 1 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Who uses Bisquick anymore? Go #cleanlabel
The shrimp at https://mermaidfishrestaurant.com/ taste amazing! All seafood lovers must try it!
Who would use Bisquick? I think that you can come up with something better than a GMO-laden product. Sounds good other than that.
I was thinking the same re: the Bisquick?