Did you ever have the biscuits at Red Lobster? This is my attempt to make a vegan version of those biscuits. While not particularly good for you these were tasty and reminiscent of how I remember their biscuits. They are quite dense and very filling. I ate just one for lunch, and that was all I needed.
Cheddar Biscuits [Vegan]
For the Biscuit:
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 4 tablespoons cold vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar style shreds
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella style shreds (note: you can omit the mozzarella and substitute a whole cup of cheddar)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For Brushing on the Top:
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a pastry cutter or fork mix the flour and cold butter. Do not overmix, it should be quite crumbly. Add the non-dairy milk, cheddar, and mozzarella (or just one cup of cheddar) shreds and use your hands to form a dough. Do not over-mix, it will still be quite crumbly.
- Place nine equal portions on a lightly greased baking sheet. You may need to roll the dough a bit to form a ball.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and melt the butter, garlic powder and parsley. Brush over the top of the biscuits before serving.
- Cheesy Recipes