These bars are seriously seven layers of pure bliss! Peppermint, chocolate, and pistachio add a touch of seasonal flavor while everything else is like icing on the cake.
Raw 7-Layer Bliss Bars [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup raw cashews or almonds
- 4 soft dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, pitted and peel removed
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachio meats
- 3 soft pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 3/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder for more vibrant green (optional)
- 2-3 mint leaves (optional)
- Crushed pistachios
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Raw cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons 85% dark vegan chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- Place the pistachios and 3 pitted dates in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit for 15 minutes while you prep your base layer.
- Line a square brownie pan with parchment paper. Be sure to leave some overhang so it’s easy to remove.
- In a food processor, mix together all of the base layer ingredients until it begins to clump together.
- Press mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan, using parchment paper to help you get an even surface. Place in the freezer.
- Drain the pistachio and dates and place in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Add remaining middle layer ingredients and blend on high until smooth. If you are using a food processor, you may need to stop to scrape down the sides.
- Spread the mixture over the chocolate base. Add desired top layers and place back in the freezer.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler, stirring frequently or heat in the microwave on 20-second increments.
- If you are going completely raw, mix together coconut oil, cacao, maple syrup, and salt until smooth. Use a spoon to drizzle over the bars.
- Place back in freezer for 1 hour. Cut into squares and store in freezer. Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving.