How cute are these Halloween treats? These decadent little brownies are made from walnuts and gooey dates — delicious, but that's not all. Each brownie is topped with a frozen banana slice, then coated in white chocolate to make adorable little ghosties. When you bite into the brownie, you get a hidden piece of melting frozen banana beneath a sweet white chocolate shell.
Raw Halloween Ghostie Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free]
For the Brownies:
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
For the Frosting:
- 1/4 cup raw cacao butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 frozen banana, diced
- Vegan chocolate chips or dried blueberries, for garnish
- Prior to beginning, peel and cut a banana into small pieces, place into a freezer-safe container, and let sit overnight.
- Place all the brownie base ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Firmly press the brownie mixture into a lined cake tin or use silicone moulds. Set aside.
- Mix all the frosting ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Cut the brownies into small pieces.
- Cut frozen banana into good sized pieces for the ghost part. Place one piece of banana on top of each brownie.
- Pour over the frosting. Wait for it to set a little bit and then make eyes and mouths for the ghosts.
- Store these Halloween chocolate brownies in a refrigerator.
If you're short on time, you can use unfrozen banana to make these.