Have you ever had raw bread? If you haven't, this raw carrot and sun-dried tomato bread is a great place to start! It's made from raw almond flour, carrots, shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, and flax meal and seasoned with fennel, cumin, nutritional yeast, and a bit of olive oil. Simply dehydrate for 18-24 hours and then enjoy the day after by itself or with some sliced avocado on top.
Raw Carrot and Sun-Dried Tomato Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
1 small bread loaf
- 3 cups raw almond flour
- 3 cups carrots
- 3 shallots
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons water, if needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/3 cup psyllium husks
- 4 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fennel
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon anise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Blend the carrot, shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, water, and salt in the food processor. Process until everything is well combined and broken down.
- Add in the almond flour, flax meal, psyllium husks and nutritional yeast. Process until everything is well combined. If the mixture is too dry add a little bit of water but ultimately you want the batter to stick together.
- Form a bread loaf with your hands then cut shallow indentations. Brush the top with some olive oil and then sprinkle on some salt.
- Dehydrate at 115°F for 18-24 hours. Slice and serve.