Made from pinto beans and quinoa, these veggie burgers are packed with protein and they're spiced with jalapeño and chili powder, so they're hot! Serve with creamy slices of avocado and your favorite vegan cheese melted on a toasty bun. These burgers are so simple and so delicious, you'll be making them all the time.
Quinoa and Pinto Bean Cheese Burger [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup pinto beans, mashed
- 1/2 cup pinto beans, full
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- Burger buns
- Vegan cheese
- Tomato slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for the veggie burger. Take 1/4 cup of the mixture and pat into a shape of a burger and place on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flip over, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Assemble the burgers and serve.