When you’re making fried rice the options are endless, you could use whatever veggie you prefer and season it to your own liking. This fried rice recipe is inspired by Mexican and Chinese cuisine. You could always substitute the vegetables for ones that are more available or preferable for you.
Protein Fried Rice With Mung Bean Sprouts and Black Beans [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium carrot
- 5-ounces sweet corn
- 9 1/3-ounces black beans
- 9-ounces mung bean sprouts
- 1 cube vegetable bouillion
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 handful cilantro
- To taste salt and pepper
- Start by sautéeing the onions and garlic over medium-low heat. Now add the corn and beans and cook for another few minutes before adding the spices and the sweet soy sauce. Again cook for a couple of minutes while stirring.
- Add the rice and mung beans and mix everything together until well combined. Once mixed add salt and pepper to taste and optionally add some chili or other hot pepper if you like it spice. Before serving, add the cilantro and enjoy.
Serve with some fresh slices of tomato, lime, and baked plantains.