Ever wanted to make your own vegetable stock!? Well, now you can — no hidden ingredients, no additives, just delicious. This makes a great starter for soups, curries, stews, pot pies, and for adding flavor to grains while they cook.
Homemade Vegetable Stock Paste [Vegan]
- 2 cups celery
- 2 carrots
- 3 sprigs spring onion, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup rock salt
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Add all ingredients except salt to a saucepan and cook for around 20-25 minutes, or until vegetables have softened.
- Then, add ingredients (except for the bay leaf and salt) to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add ingredients back into the saucepan, add the salt, and cook for another 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Put ingredients back into the blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into sterilised jars and store in the refrigerator.